Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just another week.

Despite my strep I still have A few funny things from last week: I played the funniest trick on my mom. I send her an email to my mom with a picture (check it out at this link http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1975/1805/1600/IMG_4813.jpg ) the caption read “me and my new boyfriend”. I never thought my mom would really buy it, but ohh boy did she. She flipped out. It was hilarious, she was ready to come and get me right then. It was the best joke I have ever played.
I went with Jamie to see a show on Broadway. It was called Kiki and Herb. It was sort of like Eddy Izard meets his piano playing lover and not only does he (dressed on the most amazing she outfit) crack jokes about the state of the world but he also sings songs….the best was the bright eyes song. It was pretty funny, though it lasted a little too long.
I went to one of my favorite places in my old neighborhood…the tea house. I was going to nurse my strep throat. Me and Sonya debated over the 50 some odd types of tea….I decided on this tropical one with coconut. But really it should have been called Hawaiian Tropic or Panama Jack. If it hadn’t been dark I really might have started rubbing the tea on my skin. But my throat is all better, maybe I will skip the dr next time and just drink the lotion. I have also been eating lots of ice cream. This week Adam and I went to a famous ice cream place under the Brooklyn Bridge. I have seen people standing in lines down the dock, I was expecting something great. Luckily there was no line because I was a little disappointed….all they only have is choc, choc chip, vanilla, and strawberry. All those suckers standin’ in line when they could have taste bud explosion at the Ben and Jerry’s up the street.
Also, I am super duper excited…I just found out that Moonshine, a block and half from my house, has Lonestar for just $3. It is kind of a strange crowd there, but they do have peanuts to go with the beer. I was feeling lucky so I asked if they had peanut butter pie, but they don’t so I will still dream about the Austin Moonshine.
I saw Little Miss Sunshine. It was hilarious and you all know i am picky about funny movies. See it!! Its great.
I also went to my last free summer concert (its already almost winter weather here..sucks)…it was the Walkmen, which wasn’t a great show, but how many times have you seen a band in a pool. In Williamsburg there is a huge pool that was shut down a few years ago and now they use it for other things. Concerts where stand in the empty Olympic size pool drink beer, eat hot dogs, and play on a slip and slide (well only during the 2 summer days that it is hot enough) Theyalso have “hipster dodge ball” in the pool. We were going to create a Texas team and wear cutoff boots, and hats as our costume, but we backed out when we saw how vicious and serious these games were. Dying by dodge ball in the pool is no way to go.

Working on keepin it short.

No comments: