I went out to Jersey to give rock climbing a try. It was fun. It was a little hard for me to get use to just leaning back to come down, you really have to trust the person handling the rope. But I did and it was quite an adrenalin rush. I am definitely going to do that more. We had a little six year old friend along. It was both of our first times to rock climb…we totally bonded and coached each other through the fear. We were climbing at one of the base camps for Project USE…I can’t wait to work for them and become a pro at all this outdoor stuff….if things work out.
On my way home from rock climbing I got a message from my dad. He was stuck in Jersey for the night due to a missed flight. We totally lived it up! I got to take him out to eat at one of my old chef’s restaurant where we were totally taken care of. And boy did we live it up, we were out and about on the streets until 5 am. It was super great.
Also last week I went with Chrissy (Dave’s sister- she is living at my apartment for a little while) to the Honorary Title.
It was a hilarious and great show. As you looked across the crowd everyone was swaying, not to the music or because they had all had too much to drink, but because the boat was rocking. Ohh no need to read that again, they played on a boat. We coasted down the Hudson, getting all the great sites of New York from the water…WHILE THE BAND PLAYED. I was joking about a storm rolling in while we were waiting to get on and sure enough it happened. And it was all pretty funny (watching everyone struggle to stand) until it came time to get off. We had to walk about 7 avenue blocks to get to the subway in the pouring rain. We decided to pop into Mike’s Pizza Place on the way. That story could be a novel all by itself. This lady and her brother were regulars there. When she kept trying to draw sympathy from him because we were soaking wet and he offered his us his delivery service…he could deliver boyfriends…any color we want. Then it ended with Mike, (Mr Pizza himself), giving us an umbrella to use. I swear all those rumors about New Yorkers being rude is untrue….how many times have you walked into a business and be given an umbrella by a perfect stranger? I rest my case. This past weekend was full of a different kind of adventure. It was my first time on a bus since nightmarish trip home from Virginia. And it was a very pleasant 2 hour ride to Atlantic City. Well at least until we got there and the bus driver turned around to ask direction to the casino. After many failed turns she got off the bus to ask for directions and I decided to get off then too. With in 10 minutes I was not only at the Taj Mahal but I already had my stuff in the locker room and was diving into the swimming pool. The whole trip was a little sur-real.
The Rooms, food, basically everything besides the Casino was completely free because we were part of “Marti’s” party. Marti is a guy I vaguely know from the neighborhood. He is a high rolling electrician. He gambles so much money that they comp his bill. And at one point he was apparently down $60,000. But ohh don’t worry he ended up coming out ahead. He is a little out there, too. He told some crazy stories with him as the James Bond hero, except of course he thinks his are better because he believes they are real. The first night in the casino I spend a lot of time watching the tables. Then the second night I played. And thanks to an amazingly friendly new Yorker (once again) who was threw down money for me when my money was gone I was able to develop quite a strategy. I can’t wait to go back (maybe in a year or two when I can throw away a little money again). I also got to walk on the beach and put my feet in the freezing ocan. It was nice despite the jelly fish. And I wasn’t only there in style. I came home in one of the 5 limos bringing the troops back to Brooklyn. It was quite a weekend. 
Alright short. Yes. I also went to the Say Anything show at Irving Plaza. A great venue and show. He so dramatic it’s no wonder he breaks down. Luckily for me though this was the first day of the ‘seal the deal’ tour. AND it was super great!
I also went to the indigo girls show...interesting, but it was at radio city. It is a great place to see! There were people on the street just trying to GIVE AWAY tickets, so if anyone visits you should swing by and look for free tickets.
I am going to visit my dad, mom, Ty and my brother in ohio this weekend. I might be coming back with some news. We will see how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment