Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The countdown has begun....


I am leaving New York. I am going somewhere warmer. A place where I will never have to hear “I hope it warms up so it will snow.” Its funny in my time hear I have learned a lot, sort like I had a mini little lifetime compacted into a year and half. I am sad to leave. I have a great neighborhood and I have made a lot of great friends. And I know part of leaving is to leave those people; there are probably only a handful of people that I will stay connected with. Perhaps, they replace the friends I have lost touch with from Austin. I am also sad to leave because everything can be an adventure here (even when you wish you could just do laundry or buy cereal without the adventure)
and I don’t know if that can be recreated. Or perhaps it is a mindset and I can recreate it for myself where ever I end up. Well despite the sadness that always comes with letting go and loss…..I am really excited. I have one more summer in New York (the best time to be here) and then I am embarking a new type of adventure. Where I will go I don’t know and won’t know until just before I get placed there. So I can’t plan or even think about what life will be like after August (for the next two years) which forces me to be present in just this moment..... which changes every second.

I didn't mean to take credit where credit wasn't due, the pictures are courtesy of Mr. Blynn. It seemed apropriate to use pictures of a visitor to the city because that is what I have become in way. And I guess i assumed that Mr. Blynn is also the only person who reads this so he would know... :)

2 comments:

Harlan Blynn said...

excellent camera work in this entry.

Unknown said...

i'm here reading too :)