For a few brief moments this week I thought: how can I leave this job?
What other job is going to send out to all the boroughs on riddled adventures, making picnic in prospect park, learning an African dance from the ivory Coast,

spending the night in a Sich Temple (great despite the 400 am ritual ceremony), cooking/ serving breakfast in a the Sich kitchen

and dancing with the elders at Sunny side. (By the way it turns out that 90% of people who where Turbans in America are actually seek – and Indian religion that is only 500 years old – not Middle Eastern or as if often assumed) And how am I supposed to answer the very bluntly put 7th graders question “why can’t you just stay?”After taking some steps away (and a brief consideration of a position with Outward Bound) I realize it was just a random reward of the job, but the day to day is far less rewarding – unless you count growing number of grey hairs as a reward.
So now I am not only hoping I end up in a city that fuels my adventurous spirit, but I also hope that my job becomes one of daily reward. I am always asking for too much, aren’t I?

1 comment:
Post a Comment