Friday, April 27, 2007

It almost has to rain....

To make me stop. Summer its finally here, well it still likes to sleep in the morning. But sandals are out, socks & scarves are gone, and I don’t want to waste a second of the warm sunny weather.



I have done a lot of new things this past week and half:
I bought a red shirt (I realized I didn’t own a single red shirt)
I helped dissect a cow eyeball
I baked a huge chocolate chip cake and wrote on it in icing (it kicks American cookies Company’s ass)
I got rid of about half…well almost about half the things I have.
I visited the autopsy room so I could pick a human heart, lung, stomach, brain, and some organ I didn’t recognize…..hello vegetarian.
I drank my first ginger ale….like a subtle version of mountain dew.
I cooked skate fish…didn’t turn so well.
The list could go on, but the point is if it hadn’t started raining I would have never gotten around to picking up anything off my floor (which is where everything I had touched was) and I wouldn’t have stopped to watch Stranger than Fiction. Good movie but I was expecting more.

Anyone please…. I need books. Well not the actual book, just the titles and perhaps the authors. Yes, I know you are thinking how could I have time to read if I can’t even pick things off the floor, but I have an hour commute to work and I am reading a book every three days.


PS All I need to survive the summer is an espresso rocket shake and now I can get them in my kitchen instead of the metro.

2 comments:

Harlan Blynn said...

You should have called. We could have gone jumping in puddles while the cookie baked...then it would have only taken me 20 minutes to eat it all...and 20 more minutes until I get sick from it.

So what makes me choose to do things 'normal' 26 year-olds do? Nothing. Everything. Does a gorilla choose how it acts? This brain of mine does it's own thing. Just happens that it's out-of-the-average. Standardized test scores tell me that I'm 'above-average'. Regular society (whoever they are) think I'm odd b/c I go hiking to relax instead of going to some fancy massage parlor where you drink champagne while wearing a bathrobe :-) But, for serious, I hike because I need to. Same with paddling, I didn't know it until last year, but it's part of that puzzle my parents named harlan.

Heather said...

ohh, but a gorilla might or might not choose how he/she acts..... but i think we do. If not then can take no responsbility or creditfor the things we do.
And I wonder if any 26 year acutally does 'normal' things or that is just an image we think other expect us to live up to....while no one really lives that way.
Champagne and bathropes:0 oh god!! why you got to bring that up?